Thursday, September 4, 2008

Night time safety!

Safety is a big thing for me. I hate it when bicyclists break traffic laws. I think that when people run red lights (and act like all cars should move out of their way and get bad attitudes about sharing the road) they are asking for trouble. We all have a right to the road equally. Also, we should all be aware and look around at all times.

In order to better do that, we should all take healthy safety precautions and make it easier for others to see where we are and predict what we are going to do based on a common set of traffic rules that we all follow.

Lights on your bike are a MUST. They're cheap, easy to install on your bike, and COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!!! I had these on my old bike and loved them:

Planet Bike Blinky Safety Light Set
Planet Bike Blinky Safety Light Set - 3035
They were strong, noticeable, and I never once changed the batteries even though I used them every night when I rode home from work. AND, they're only $11. Nice.

Here's something so rad I might just have to go buy myself some RIGHT NOW:

Cinelli Lumen Glowing Synthetic Road Bicycle Handlebar Tape - White
Cinelli Lumen Glowing Synthetic Road Bicycle Handlebar Tape - White
O.M.G!!!! They are white and GLOW IN THE DARK!!!!! How awesome is that?! $23 ish

No comments: