Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh! Almost forgot! *Jester* bars and bike bells!

What I meant before about the Jester theme is that the bike now has two colors of tape on the handlebars. I just couldn't take the whole thing of glow in the dark bar tape off. I LOVED that idea!

So, I just took one side off. One side is white glowy, and the other is the black. It looks kinda cool actually. I'll post a pic eventually when I find my lost digi camera...lame.

Then, I found this bell at the City Bikes store located one block south of Burnside on Ankeny. They're a worker owned and operated store that has a lot of second hand bike stuff, repairs, and racks that you can fix your own bike on and get some good advice. This place is pretty rad.

City Bikes Workers Cooperative
www.citybikes.coop
Bicycle Repair 1914 SE Ankeny.503-239-0553

Bicycle Sales 734 SE Ankeny.503-239-6951

Open Weekdays 11-7 Weekends 11-5


ANYWAY, I bought a few things from them because I needed reflectors, a bell, and some brake components which I will get to in a later post. They had these cute little Taj Mahal looking bells with gold and black on them and I couldn't help myself. I had to have one. It's called the Dimension Beehive Bell for $6. Not bad.

Dimension BeeHive Handlebar Bell


What the EFF?!!!?? I was looking for a picture of my bike bell online and I ran across this little gem: Chrome Plated Bike Bell. Made with Genuine Swarovski Crystals.

Gold Bike Bell-Gold Bike Bell bling crystal swarovski

You can take this little bad girl home for $68 bucks. (Uh, not my style but there's SOMEONE out there that wants it.)

Or if you're like me and from Portland, you can have this oh-so-appropriate coffee cup bell. Dimension Coffee Cup Java Mug Bell Bicycle Bike that sells for $4.99 on Amazon.com

Dimension Coffee Cup Java Mug Bell Bicycle Bike
Cute!


Next on the Goldie blog: "The Saga of Getting the Fenders On" and "The Eternal Sunshine of the Brakeless Mind"

No comments: