Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Theme change!

Okay, so I had the original idea to keep Goldie's color theme white/gold/a little black/ MOSTLY pure white as the driven snow. People at bike stores laughed at me and shook their heads in bemusement and my friends all thought I was turning into a fascist bike snob.

I am NOT, you guys! I don't even own a messenger bag! (yet... heh heh)

I decided to change the theme to black/gold/a little white here and there/JESTER! Haha! Goldie is looking a little mockish right now.

What I mean is that when I changed it to black (thanks to the tiny amount on fenders sold at REI that fit my bike) That made any white details look weird. So, I got some new grip tape from the REI brand Novara, which added up to only $9. Nice.

Here are the grip tapes that I bought. What I like about them was the fact that they don't have adhesive tape on the backs to stick to the bar, they have a thin layer of gel. So, they can be reused without falling apart and getting ripped up when you take them off. Cool! (mine are black with little brown flecks in them, they came with black end plugs.


novara handgrip tape  : Novara Gel Handlebar Tape

Here are the fenders: SKS brand. Only mine are in a different color. Mine are a dark cloudy grey with hardly there stripes down the back. Only $32 bucks. Sweet.

SKS P35 Fender Set

It also had to do with the fact that all the ladies seats with the cut outs had price tags that made my toes curl. I just couldn't afford to buy that super spendy seat. So, I started looking lower down the $$$ levels. What I found was that the lower the price, the harder it was to find a seat in white that was also girl friendly.

So, I ended up with this seat that cost $44 and has been working alright. I haven't given it a good hard ride yet, so we'll see. But thanks to me being a member at REI, I can return the seat at any time. AWESOME! It's the Look In ATH Bike Saddle for Women at a 30 degree angle. (They have choices in this apparantly...)

Lookin ATH Bike Saddle - Women's

Made for road or mountain bike riders, the A1 3Density™ saddle enhances padding in the front of the saddle.

  • Features more Royalgel™ in the front to accommodate a bent over, athletic riding position
  • Royalgel adapts to your anatomy by moving vertically, horizontally and diagonally in order to reduce pressure peaks on the sit bones and genital area
  • Royalgel also absorbs shock for further comfort; does not break, harden or leak with age
  • 3Density saddles are padded with three layers of material with different densities and visco-elastic properties
  • This allows the Royalgel more space to move and distribute pressure uniformly, increasing its shock absorbency
  • Innovative saddle cover fabric keeps saddle cool in the sun
Anyway, it gets her done and doesn't make me go broke. Good enough. I'm sad that I can't afford my original dream of my sexy little white and gold bike. Oh well, she'll look good in black too.

No comments: